Thursday, November 10, 2011

How to Sell Your Photos for Money - Can You Make Money Selling Photos Online

Because of the expansion of the Internet, making money without having an actual job has become accessible to anyone who has an Internet connection. There are tons of ways to make money online, but the one I want to talk about right now is the one that is responsible for most of my monthly income: selling digital photos online.

In order to succeed in this field, all you need is a decent digital camera (at least 5MP resolution) and a positive attitude. You don't need any experience or special skills to get started. I remember when I discovered the true potential of this industry, about two years ago. After a trip to Thailand, during which I took about 4000 photos, I managed to make a little more than $10.000 by selling my photos. I was hooked! And I was just a regular guy with no photography experience whatsoever.

"why would anyone pay me for my photos?" you may ask. Well, the answer is that the online world is always hungry for new content, no matter what type: articles, videos or photos. I have sold photos to all sorts of people, from website designers to magazine writers, from realtors to bloggers. It is true that beautiful photos sell better than random photos taken by some regular Joe, but the fact is that, even so, I manage to get about 2.5 dollars for every photo I take. Spend two hours a week taking 100 photos, and you've just earned yourself $1000 a month.

Now, let's spend some time discussing the different methods you may choose to sell your photos.

Probably the most popular way to go is uploading your photos to specialized websites that gather photography buyers and sellers together. A quick Google search will reveal tons of such websites. Some will earn you more, some less, but you will soon get the hang of all this and will be able to make your own choices.

Another way to get buyers, but probably the most difficult, is participating in forums or other such communities, where people are in need of fresh photos. Put together a portfolio of your work and advertise it when the circumstances allow. Don't spam! Just by doing this, I managed to get in touch with a few people that constantly come back to buy more photos from me.

Even though things may seem a little complicated in the beginning, everything is actually extremely simple and straight-forward. Choose whichever method you want and start working. You will soon start to see the results.

And probably the best part is that everyone can do this. All you need is an Internet connection and a digital camera!

When it comes to complete beginners trying to make money selling photos online, I can mention my friend Jessica and her quest to making $3000 per month. She started a few months ago and already managed to make a little more than $2000 a month, so her journey is coming to an end. At How to How to Sell Your Photos, you can find a report of her progress and learn a lot from her experience. Make sure you check it out!

Gilbert Robinson is a professional photographer making a living out of his passion.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gilbert_Robinson
.